Each of our adult classes offers a different style of faith formation and fellowship, allowing everyone to find their place in our adult education programming from 9:30am to 11am on Sunday morning.
Some days you just need to talk and be heard. Sometimes the struggles of your week leave you yearning for adult companionship and a Christian perspective. You may stop in any time and join in the discussion. You may find that the honest conversation and earnest sharing of the class will keep you coming and offer you enduring genuine friendships.
- Seekers Class
The Seekers Class offers adult fellowship and stimulating presentations and discussions on a variety of issues such as ethics, life’s quandaries, and faith challenges. The seekers class meets in the parlor at 9:45 AM.
- Nov. 5, John Detwiler will lead us on the subject: “Society and Climate Change.”For two Sundays, we’ll be considering our society’s response to the challenge of climate change. It’s not to be a “science class,” but a candid discussion about “Who’s been doing what?” and “Why does it seem to be so hard to get focused?” We’ll be looking at public opinion, economic issues, and legal battles, and at our own emotional reactions to what’s been happening around us.
- Nov. 12, John Detwiler: “Society and Climate Change” Part II
- Nov. 19, David Keller will lead us in a discussion about the book, Strangers in Their own Land, Anger and Mourning on the American Right, A Journey to the Heart of our Political Divide.
- Nov. 26, David Keller will lead us in a discussion about hate groups in America. Resources will be from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
OPEN CIRCLE ON RACE
A new adult Sunday School class on race will be forming on September 10 at 9:45 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. Discussion will be focused on race, using books (one entitled The Hate U Give) and articles to inform our conversations. Coffee and bagels too! Class will be led by Pastor Jim and Sam Procter.
- Parents of Young Children Gathering
Join parents of young children at 9:45am in the Preschool room to relax, exhale, and enjoy the company of other parents who want to raise their little ones with the love of God. This is a space for parents who are looking to connect with adults with their children, or for parents without their children.
THROUGHOUT THE WEEK:
COMPANIONS IN CHRIST
Companions in Christ meets every other Tuesday at 6pm for sharing and reflection, and exploring ways that different texts connect with our spiritual journey.
NEW BIBLE STUDY
What does it mean to discern a call to… Welcome? Intention? Courage? Join us for this lectionary-based study that pairs weekly group discussion with daily spiritual practice and reflection. We will meet Wednesdays at 7pm. This class begins on Wednesday, September 13th.